ADVANCE CERTIFICATION IN IPRs – LAW & PROCEDURE
After doing this course, you will be able to:
- understand the basic legal framework governing Patents, Trademarks, Brand names, Domain Names, Service Marks, Industrial Designs, Geographical Indications, Copyrights & Plant Variety Rights in India;
- independently file, prosecute and obtain Trademarks, Designs, Patents, Copyrights in India;
- file Trademark application under the International Madrid Protocol.
Important information about this ONLINE Course:
- Maximum Duration of Course: 2-Months
- Course Fees: Rs. 10,000/- (Payment through Credit & Debit Cards, Cheque, Wire Transfer – NEFT)
- Online Evaluation Method: Based on “Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)” and an “Assignment Submission” of 500 words.
- The score of the online examination will be taken as final result and Grade will be assigned as per the following scheme: Grade A – 80-100, Grade B – 65-79, Grade C – 50-64, Reattempt – Below 50
- Next Batch: Each IALM course starts every Saturday. Students can register online for the course any time. Upon payment of fees and registration, the present Course will start on the forthcoming Saturday.
- Detailed Structure of Course: Click to download
Some additional information about Intellectual Property Rights
Intellectual Property (IP) may be referred to as a product of someone’s intellect that has value in commerce such as, a painting, an invention, literary and artistic works, designs, names, images, symbols. The exclusive rights given to individuals or businesses over the creations of their minds are called Intellectual Property Rights. These rights are usually given to the creator over the use of his / her creation for a certain period of time.
Intellectual property protection is crucial for the individuals and business since without the protection of ideas, businesses and individuals will not reap the benefits of their inventions. Hence the need of development of skills and competence to manage IPR.
As individuals and businesses are becoming more attentive towards protecting their Intellectual Property, there’s a plethora of opportunities for IPR Professionals not only in India but also across the world. With the growing demand for IPR professionals, demand of Intellectual Property Right Courses in India is also increasing. The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has even recommended to introduce IP course/s in educational institutions. DIPP is also holding talks with NCERT and CBSE to introduce the subject into the curriculum from Class IX. This will further create demand of Intellectual Property Courses in India.
Indian Academy of Law & Management (“IALM”) is pioneer in providing Intellectual Property Right courses in India. An online course offered by IALM namely Advance Certifications in Intellectual Property Rights has been designed in such a manner that it not only cultivates among its students an interest in learning the subject; but also helps them understand the core of Intellectual Property Right. This course can be done by any Law Student, Lawyer, Patent Agent, Scientist, Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Government Official, etc. The course curriculum has been designed and developed by Academicians, IP Attorneys and Senior Advocates with an objective of providing comprehensive understanding of Intellectual Property Rights and further to build employable skills in this area.
This 2-months advance course has been divided into eight modules and talks in details about the procedure of registration and protection of IP Rights in India.The course also discusses the procedure of getting a trade mark registered under Madrid Protocol. Some advanced topics are included in the curriculum to provide better understanding of the subject. The course opens several opportunities for its learners in Law Firms, Multinational Companies, Government Sector, Private Sector or even enables them to start practicing on their own. All they have to earn is a degree in Law coupled with knowledge and experience in of handling Intellectual Property matters. Alternately, one can become Trade Mark Agent or Patent Agent by clearing the Trade Mark Agent Examination or Patent Agent Examination respectively conducted by Intellectual Property Office, Government of India, the details of which can be obtained from the website of IP Office.