MASTER CERTIFICATION ON CORPORATE CONTRACTS
Objectives of Online Course:
After doing this course, you will be able to:
- quickly and effectively draft legally binding contracts of all kinds.
- know the differences between Agreement, Contract & MOU; classify different types of contracts, structure a typical corporate contract.
- practice the art of contract negotiation in a business deal; Follow Do’s and Don’ts during a contract negotiation, effectively use modern day technologies, such as emails, conference calls, share-point, track changes and inserting comments in a contract document.
- learn how to draft a contract, include recitals & “essential” clauses in a contract, common mistakes in drafting a contract, preparing & sharing the first draft.
- understand Internet Contracts and Issues relating to Privacy, Terms & Conditions on usage of website, value of E-mails as Contracts, Dos & Dont’s of transacting over the Internet
- appreciate binding of International Contracts, INCOTERMS2013, Letter of Credit and other methods of International Payments, Bonds and bank guarantees,
- assess damages and remedies upon breach of contract, such as, Liquidated damages, Stay Orders, Injunctions, Consequential and Remote Loss, Force Majeure and common defences upon breach of a contract,
- download and use Model Contracts, such as Vendor Agreement, Advertising Services and Sales Agreement, Agency Agreement, Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, Share Sale and Purchase Agreement, Assignment Agreement, Asset Management Agreement, Trade Mark License Agreement, Employment Contract, Joint Venture Agreement, Technology Transfer Agreement, Merger Agreement, Lease Agreement and many more.
- earn an industry-wide recognized and reputed IALM certificate.
Important Information about this ONLINE Corporate Law Course
- Maximum Duration to complete the Course: 3-Months
- Course Fees: Rs. 7,500/- (Payment through Credit & Debit Cards, Cheque, Demand Draft, Cash, Wire Transfer – NEFT)
- Online Evaluation Method: Based on “Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)” and an “Assignment Submission” of 500 words.
- The score of the online examination will be taken as final result and Grade will be assigned as per the following scheme: Grade A – 80-100, Grade B – 65-79, Grade C – 50-64, Reattempt – Below 50
- Next Batch: Each IALM course starts every Saturday. Students can register online for the course any time. Upon payment of fees and registration, the present Course will start on the forthcoming Saturday.
- Detailed Structure of Course: Click to Download
- Sample Certificate to be awarded: Click to Download
- Course Material: An IALM copyrighted e-compendium of all the modules will be given FREE upon successful completion of the course. This course is a part of series of Corporate Law Courses being introduced by IALM. We will hope that you will find the course material, videos and MCQs interesting.
Additional information on Corporate Contracts
The corporate sector has seen an exceptional growth in the last few decades resulting in an increase in vast opportunities for the Corporate Law Professionals not only in India but across the Globe. Again with an increase in the demand of Corporate Professionals, there’s a considerable increase in the demand as well as scope of Corporate Law Courses.
A corporate lawyer is someone who is responsible for handling business operations and usually spends less time in the courtroom. Unlike other lawyers, corporate lawyers can work as In-House counsels as a part of company’s legal team.
A Corporate Lawyer must be proficient in legal research to ensure that his client is in compliance with the recent guidelines and / or protocols. A corporate lawyer provides support to an individual, company or business in respect to taxation related issues, employee relations, labour laws, Intellectual Property Rights Laws, employment laws etc. A corporate lawyer must ensure the lawfulness of all the commercial transactions carried-out by an organization. In order to fulfil such responsibilities, a corporate lawyer must possess advanced knowledge of corporate laws, such as, contract law, securities law, tax law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, and so on.
With the advancement of Corporate Sector, jobs for corporate lawyers are also gaining popularity. One can pursue a law degree (LL.B, BA LL.B etc.) in any of the following disciplines – criminal law, corporate law, income tax law, international law and can find employment opportunities not only in Private Sectors but also in Government Sectors.
Indian Academy of Law & Management (IALM) currently offers following Corporate Law Courses: (1) Master Certification on Corporate Contracts; (2) Advance Certification in IPR – Law & Procedure and (3) Competition Law and Intellectual Property Rights, and might come-up with some more Corporate Law Courses in the near future.
Here, we are throwing some light on IALM Course namely – Masters Certification on Corporate Contracts. This 3-months online course teaches on the art of quickly and effectively drafting legally binding all kinds of corporate contracts. The course consists of seven Modules namely – (i) Introduction; (ii) Drafting a Contract; (iii) Putting a Contract together; (iv) Performing a Contract, (v) Legal Issues & Precautions in Electronic Contracts & Information Technology Act; (vi) International Contracts; and finally, (vi) Formats of some common Agreements. The course teaches on the differences between an Agreement, Contract & MOU; classify different types of contracts, the structure of a typical corporate contract, such as Vendor Agreement, Advertising Services and Sales Agreement, Agency Agreement, Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, Share Sale and Purchase Agreement, Assignment Agreement, Asset Management Agreement, Trade Mark License Agreement, Employment Contract, Joint Venture Agreement, Technology Transfer Agreement, Merger Agreement, Lease Agreement and so on. After completing each module of the course, the student has to go through an online test comprising of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) which help assess their skills. Thus, this advance course on Corporate Contracts helps learner hone his / her skills of drafting Commercial Contracts and further prepares them for the corporate sector.