IALM MANAGEMENT & FACULTY TEAM
Surya Prabha, CEO
- Surya Prabha has nearly a decade of IPR and Corporate work experience handling Labor Laws, Telecom Compliance and Contract Management work.
- Till recently, Ms. Surya was Corporate Counsel at Symantec Corporation, a Global Fortune 500 Company, wherein she headed corporate, employment and procurement divisions of the Company in India.
- Before joining Symantec, Surya was Senior Associate, IPR for a New Delhi based Law Firm and had worked there for more than 3 years.
- Ms. Surya Prabha is a Law graduate from Banaras Hindu University and LL.M. from Kurukshetra University.
- A law graduate from Delhi University. To his credit he also has a Bachelors degree in Science before graduating in Law. Mr. Datt qualified as Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales in the year 1998. Mr. Datt graduated in law in the year 1995 and got enrolled with the Bar at New Delhi.
- He is a member of Law Society of England, Bar Association of High Court of Delhi, Bar Council of Delhi.
- Mr. Datt started his career with Mr. Sanjay Karol who is now elevated to the Judge of Shimla High Court. He is extensively engaged by other leading law firms of India.
- He largely practiced commercial law and Arbitration, Litigation. Mr. Datt has essentially practiced in the area of International as well as national commercial litigation & arbitration in the area of Power, Corporate, Real Estate, Banking, Industrial dispute and constitutional law.
- Beside the litigation, Mr. Datt have been advising leading private equity funds operating in the country for their domestic funds and FDI based investments including structuring of investments and handled FDI investments made by leading private equity funds in large real estate projects including land due diligence assignments and corporate compliance.
- Harpreet Oberoi is a registered Advocate and a Corporate Attorney with a legal practice experience of more than 8 years.
- Harpreet has distinguished herself by working for several big Multinational Clients such as Glaxo Smithkline, Cisco, Sandvik AB, Dawoo Corporation and WNS advising them in India.
- She was also lecturer of Economics at Delhi University for 7 years and has worked under several eminent Indian Economist in the Government of India.
THE GUEST FACULTY
Hon'ble Justice Rajesh Tandon
- Hon'ble Justice Rajesh Tandon currently holds the position of Member, Human Rights Commission, Uttrakhand.
- He started career practicing as an Advocate in the year 1968. He has held several important position under the Constitution of India. Justice Tandon was appointed as Senior Advocate (2000), Hon'ble Judge, High Court Uttarakhand (2004), Presiding Officer, Cyber Regulation Appellate Tribunal, Delhi (2008).
- Justice Tandon has authored 4 books in law and has also been awarded presitigous Sahityik Puraskar on the famous book “Muslim Vidhi” in Hindi by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- Anurag Mittal is a Risk and Compliance professional with 19+ years of work experience with global conglomerates like World Bank Group, Bank of America, American Express, Genpact, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
- Anurag is also associated in Not for Profit sector - with National Small Industries Corporation, Govt of India, Grameen Foundation - USA.
- Anurag is closely involved on the issues of Judicial-Legal-Aministrative-Police-Electoral Reforms and Corporate Governance.
- He has pro-actively taken up issues of:
- Use of Information Technology in Court Management (in compliance with UNCAC Charter, Law Commission recommendations) to make Access to Justice easier, reachable, affordable, approachable by those residing far and wide across all levels of income, profession.
- Audio Video recording of Court Proceedings.
- Remote Witness Testimony - through Video Conferencing, Dial in Facility.
- E-Filings of Petitions/Applications/Replies, Applying for Certified Copies & E-Delievery.
- Updated and Working Court Websites viz Cause List, Orders.
- Working & Responsive Email ids given on Court Website under Contact Us Web Page.
- Transparency and Accountabilty in Justice Dispensation System and Judicial Appointments, Post Retirement Appointments and Declaration of Judges Assets across all Court Hierarchies in public domain.
- Strong and Effective Implementation of Law of Perjury to stem false/frivolous, vextacious litigations.
- Use of Scientific,Forensic Technology as an Aid like Polygraph Test during Pre Trial Hearings to get to know the Truth.
- Advocacy for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Paralegal Education in Academic Curriculum.
- Accountability of Lawyers, Record Keeping of Accounting Records and Compliance with Professional Standards-Ethics by Lawyers.
- Ms. Rimali Batra is working as a Senior Associate with DSK Legal as a litigation lawyer, with a specific focus on regulatory laws. Prior to joining DSK Legal, Rimali has worked with Trilegal and J. Sagar Associate’s regulatory and litigation teams.
- Ms. Rimali graduated from ILS Law College, University of Pune in 2005. She has been a Pune University merit holder for all 5 years of her course. She was placed in ICICI Bank’s litigation team, Delhi after her graduation. She was with ICICI for 18 months, before she decided to pursue her masters in financial regulation, corporate laws, medical law and ethics and philosophical foundations of common law from the University of Oxford.
- Post her BCL, Rimali taught corporate laws, financial regulations, property law, medical law and ethics for three semesters at Jindal Global Law School. She cleared her UGC-NET in December 2012.
- She has been working on areas concerning regulations for over 4 years now. In her spare-time, Rimali is involved in teaching and giving pro-bono advice on issues of medical law and ethics via MediIndia.com, where she has been appointed as a medico-legal expert. She has published various articles on her areas of interest such as, Corporate Laws, Medical Law Competition Law/Regulations, Energy Law and Insider trading in leading journals and newspapers in India. Some of her works have been published by Business Standard and the Corporate Law Advisor.
- In her free time, Rimali likes to paint and cooking. Rimali has been an international level basketball player and has played for University of Oxford’s Girls Basketball team as well.
- Mr.Ranjan R is presently working as a Legal Associate in Universal Legal as a Corporate Transactional Lawyer. He has gained experience in drafting and vetting of various Corporate Agreements.
- Mr. Ranjan R graduated from the School Of Excellence in Law, Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University Chennai in 2014. After his graduation he was working as an Associate at NVS & Associates for 6 months. Subsequently he moved to VNS Legal a Corporate Law Firm and was working there for 18 months.
- Prior to his foray into Law he had graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Commerce from Kumararani Meena Muthiah College Of Arts and Science affiliated to the Madras University.
- In his spare time Mr. Ranjan is involved in teaching and publishing of articles. He has published articles in the field of Corporate Governance.
- In his free time Ranjan plays Tennis, Chess, Carrom and involves himself in Swimming.