INTERNATIONAL SPACE LAWS
Certificate Course in International Space Laws and Policy
With an increasing number of launch of satellites and space shuttles, the space exploration has led to stiff competition amongst the countries. It has become a mark of a country’s scientific and technological development. The heavy reliance in the usage of satellites, for television radio, banking, communications, transport, agriculture, mining, and especially for modern military services has its own possible dangers. Those satellites are under increasing threat from pieces of space debris and increasing harmful radio interference. Some States already possess means of destroying or disrupting satellites and other States have plans to develop those capabilities. Thus, space has become a key element in the global security. A conflict in space could have devastating implications for the space systems of all nations and for the civilisation on Earth. Consequently, space law emerged as a branch of international law, promoting cooperation and peaceful usage of outer space for mankind.
The Course broadly includes discussion on:
- United Nations Treaties and principles on Outer Space;
- Protection of Astronauts and Space Objects;
- Commercial Use of Outer Space; and
- Military Use of Outer Space.
On successful completion of the course the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced and integrated knowledge of the key principles, rules and institutions relating to the space law.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the key international treaties relating to outer space and their legal status in international law.
- Analyse the key rules and policy issues relating to the space objects, commercial use of outer space and the use of outer space for military purposes.
- Critically evaluate the current status and effectiveness of the key treaties, rules and institutions of international space law.
The course provides a unique opportunity for lawyers and professionals in the international relations, government, defence services, international organizations, law firms, consulting firms and industry around the world to study space law. The Course is beneficial to:
- Lawyers from government departments and international organizations
- Military lawyers
- Public policy practitioners/scholars
- Commercial lawyers
- Aspiring law students (aspiring to study law or law students aspiring to employment in this field)
- Non-lawyers in space-related private or public sector roles
Important information about this ONLINE Course
- Maximum Duration to complete the Course: 3-Months
- Course Fees: Rs. 8,000/- (Payment through Credit & Debit Cards, Cheque, Demand Draft, Cash, Wire Transfer – NEFT)
- Online Evaluation Method: Based on “Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)” and an “Assignment Submission” of 500 words.
- The score of the online examination will be taken as final result and Grade will be assigned as per the following scheme: Grade A – 80-100, Grade B – 65-79, Grade C – 50-64, Reattempt – Below 50
- Next Batch: Each IALM course starts immediately after payment. Students can register online for the course any time. Upon payment of fees and registration, the present Course will start immediately.
- Course Material: An IALM copyrighted e-compendium of all the modules will be given FREE upon successful completion of the course.