CERTIFICATE COURSE IN GOODS & SERVICES TAX
Goods and Service Tax (GST) was introduced from July 1, 2017 and it subsumed indirect taxes levied by the Central Government (such as central excise duty, service tax, central sales tax, countervailing duty in lieu of excise duty and special additional duty of customs) and by the State Government (VAT, entry tax and octroi). Today if you want to/ need to know the indirect tax regime of India, it is essential to at the least understand the fundamental concepts of GST. The other important indirect tax levied by the Government is customs duty (on import and export of goods); however, this course does not cover customs duty.
This course explains the fundamental concepts of GST.
After doing this course you will be able to:
- Study transactions and critically analyze whether they constitute a 'supply' liable to GST;
- Determine place of supply of goods and place of supply of services, time of supply and value of supply;
- Know eligibility of credit under GST regime, conditions for availing such credit and mechanism of utilisation thereof;
- Understand key aspects of GST compliances like tax deduction at source, tax collection at source, return filing, e-waybill;
- Understand GST assessment, audit, appellate and review proceedings; and
- Learn about the anti-profiteering framework under GST.
The above is an illustrative list and not exhaustive of the concepts covered in this course. This course is highly recommended for law students, individuals who aim to be tax practitioners, individuals who aim to be employed in tax teams of companies (or any other business entity), litigants as well as any person who is interested in understanding how GST works.
Other important information about this ONLINE Course
- Maximum Duration to complete the Course: 2-Months
- Course Fees: Rs. 9,500/- (Several Payment Options Available: Credit & Debit Cards, Cheque, Demand Draft, Cash, Wire Transfer – NEFT, PayTM)
- Online Evaluation Method: Based on “Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)” and an “Assignment Submission” of 500 words.
- The score of the online examination will be taken as final result and Grade will be assigned as per the following scheme: Grade A – 80-100, Grade B – 65-79, Grade C – 50-64, Reattempt – Below 50
- Next Batch: Each IALM course starts immediately after payment. Students can register online for the course any time. Upon payment of fees and registration, the present Course will start immediately.