The objective of the course is to create an understanding of basic legal concepts and provide an insight to the student into philosophical, ideological and theoretical foundations of the discipline of law with special reference to Indian legal system.
Benefits of doing the Course
Jurisprudence is basically the branch of law which is most important for a student pursuing llb from any specialization. It tells the flow and origin of law from historical backgrounds as it mainly covers the definitions said by thinkers along with the reason behind it.
Text & References:
· Bodenheimer, Jurisprudence – The Philosophy and Method of Law (1996), Universal, Delhi.
· Fitzgerald, (ed.) Salmond on Jurisprudence (1999) Tripathi, Bombay
· W. Friedmann, Legal Theory (1999) Universal, Delhi
· V.D. Mahajan, Jurisprudence and Legal theory (1996 re-print), Eastern, Lucknow
· M.D.A. Freeman (ed.) Lloyd‟s Introduction to Jurisprudence, (1994), Sweet & Maxwell
· Paton G.W. Jurisprudence (1972) Oxford, ELBS
· H.L.A. Hart, The Concepts of Law (1970) Oxford, ELBS
· Roscoe Pond, Introduction to the Philosophy of Law (1998 Re-print) Universal, Delhi
· Dias, Jurisprudence (1994 First Indian re-print), Adithya Books, New Delhi
· Dhyani S.N., Jurisprudence: Jurisprudence and Indian Legal theory
· Dhyani S. N., Fundamentals of Jurisprudence
· Jayakumar N. K., Lectures in Jurisprudence, Butterworths
· Justice Markandey Katju, Law in the Scientific Era, Universal
· Justice J. S. Verma, Dimensions of Justice, Universal
· Justice Rama Jois, Seeds of Modern Public Law in Ancient Indian Jurisprudence
· Justice Rama Jois, Eternal Values in Ancient Law.
Maximum Duration to complete the Course: 30 Days
Course Fees: Rs. 4,000/- (Several Payment Options Available: Credit & Debit Cards, Cheque, Demand Draft, Cash, Wire Transfer – NEFT, PayTM)
Online Evaluation Method: Based on “Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)” and an “Assignment Submission” of 500 words.
The score of the online examination will be taken as final result and Grade will be assigned as per the following scheme: Grade A – 80-100, Grade B – 65-79, Grade C – 50-64, Reattempt – Below 50
Next Batch: Each IALM course starts immediately after payment. Students can register online for the course at any time. Upon payment of fees and registration, the present Course will start immediately.
|MODULE 1 - INTRODUCTION||8 Hrs|
|MODULE 2 - RIGHTS AND DUTIES||8 Hrs|
|MODULE 3- ANALYTICAL SCHOOL OF LAW||8 Hrs|