1. You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Service or any part of it for commercial purposes.
2. You must only use the Service in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use.
IALM reserves the right to make change to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Service.
2. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
3. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
4. All user accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
5. You must keep your password and user name confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
6. If IALM has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
7. If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
Although IALM aims to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services available at IALM.ACADEMY will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Service you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Service as soon as we reasonably can.